Questions about Windows 8.1, 10, WindowsPhone, Windows UWP
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Application fails while open PDF in WP8 and 8.1 9 years 7 months ago #7154

• ppanda15
  • ppanda15's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

I tried open PDF file in Windows Phone 8 and 8.1. Sometimes it crashes since the first time I open PDF file. Mostly it crashes after PDF file is opened and closed rapidly. I reported this couple of months ago. Suggestion was update the library. However, I'm still encountering this problem even if I'm using the latest version of library. This problem occurs in example code as well.

Refer to the information below (from example code):

Call to m_page.Render (Line 80)
In PDFVCache.Render()

System.AccessViolationException was unhandled
HResult=-2147467261
Message=Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
InnerException:

Call to m_doc.Close() (Line 453)
In RadaeePdfPage.OnBackPress(…)

System.AccessViolationException was unhandled
HResult=-2147467261
Message=Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
InnerException:

Please help me with this.
Thank you in advance and sorry for my English.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Application fails while open PDF in WP8 and 8.1 9 years 2 months ago #8554

• apait
same still in Android-Version (latest version, installed 2 days ago).

Happens after opening the reader, closing, instantly opening again.

02-18 12:44:06.032: E/AndroidRuntime(373): java.lang.NullPointerException
02-18 12:44:06.032: E/AndroidRuntime(373): at com.radaee.view.PDFVCache.Render(PDFVCache.java:59)
02-18 12:44:06.032: E/AndroidRuntime(373): at com.radaee.view.PDFVThread$2.handleMessage(PDFVThread.java:78)
02-18 12:44:06.032: E/AndroidRuntime(373): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
02-18 12:44:06.032: E/AndroidRuntime(373): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:146)
02-18 12:44:06.032: E/AndroidRuntime(373): at com.radaee.view.PDFVThread.run(PDFVThread.java:114)

Application fails while open PDF in WP8 and 8.1 9 years 2 months ago #8558

• Gooren
I think i may have solution for your problems. Are you referencing Microsoft Visual C++ Redist package? If so, it may be different version than Radaee is using which then can cause exactly this type of problems. You can solve this by referencing their project directly. Not just the resulting dll. Also make sure that stream you are providing for the PDFDoc.Open method is open and that no one else is accessing the source file at the same time.

To Apait: You can try different approach. Close the view, the document and get rid of stream (or just seek to it's start position) and then create new view and document instances and call their Open methods as usual.

Peace, Steven

Last edit: by Gooren.
  • Page: