Signin/Signup with: 
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about iOS development and PDF
  • Page:

TOPIC:

App Reader- All Hyperlinks are not working (SDK version iospdfviewer3.8.7) 5 years 1 month ago #14299

• sanmau
  • sanmau's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Team,

We have purchased "Professional License" and implemented this SDK in swift project, but in App reader when open a pdf(pdf is attached with name Testing.pdf) in reader only *Activity 1 *is working while other hyperlinks are not working. Can you please have a check and respond ASAP because our app launch get stuck due to this issue.

For your convience I have created a small recording for the issue which we are facing:
drive.google.com/file/d/169pIrMCSp5fzba2...cfa/view?usp=sharing

In project we call RDPDFViewController as per attached screen shot "Call RDPDFViewController". also change some my requirement on Annotation "onAnnotaionOpenURL" and "onAnnotMovie" as per attached screen shot "On_Annotation_Open_url" and "On_Annot_movie".

Please have a check on attached screenshots and help me where I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Santosh
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

App Reader- All Hyperlinks are not working (SDK version iospdfviewer3.8.7) 5 years 1 month ago #14300

• emanuele
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 67
Dear Santosh,

we checked the current Swift version editing onAnnotOpenUrl method to open the browser without confirm.
- (void)OnAnnotOpenURL:(NSString *)url
{
    if( url )//open URI
    {
        nuri = url;
        [[UIApplication sharedApplication]openURL:[NSURL URLWithString:url]];

return;
    }
}

the result is still the same: the app is opening all links.
Did you try to open, for example, Activity 3 the first time and then try to open another link?
Did you do other custom implementations? Are you able to reproduce the same situation using demo project?
Which iOS version are you using?

Last edit: by emanuele.

App Reader- All Hyperlinks are not working (SDK version iospdfviewer3.8.7) 5 years 1 month ago #14314

• sanmau
Hi Team,

we checked your query and give answer below -

# Did you try to open, for example, Activity 3 the first time and then try to open another link?
Santosh:- Activity 3 the first time clicked it is not working, only Activity 1 is working in my App.

#Did you do other custom implementations? Are you able to reproduce the same situation using demo project?
Santosh: No other any custom implementations. In Demo project all hyperlinks are working. but one thing I found in my Project and your Demo project open same pdf file in different layout why and where we are wrong? Plz see attached screenshot 'My Project' and 'Demo Project'.

#Which iOS version are you using?
Santosh : iOS version 12.1 iPad Air and Air 2, we are using.

We have purchased "Professional License" and implemented iospdfviewer3.8.7 in my swift project and We are facing issues while handling hyperlink taps in PDF files. Upon investigating further we found that a library function is returning some values for clicked on ‘Activity 1’ is working, Plz see attached screenshot ‘Activity 1’ while other hyperlinks are not working and returning Null for a value of type ‘PDF_ANNOT’ the function that is proving to be Troublesome is named ‘Page_getannotFromPoint(….)’, Plz see attached screenshot ‘Activity 3’ and "PDF_ANNOT". Please provide Support ASAP.

Thanks,
Santosh

Last edit: by sanmau. Reason: Somthing added

App Reader- All Hyperlinks are not working (SDK version iospdfviewer3.8.7) 5 years 1 month ago #14315

• federico
  • Thank you received: 18
Dear sanmau,
If you want to open annotation on annot tapped please try to add this in onSingleTap method in PDFView class:
NSString *nuri = [m_annot getURI];
            if(nuri)//open url
            {
                if( m_delegate )
                    [m_delegate OnAnnotOpenURL:nuri];
                [self vAnnotEnd];
                return;
            }
This will show you directly the opening link request's alert.

App Reader- All Hyperlinks are not working (SDK version iospdfviewer3.8.7) 5 years 1 month ago #14318

• sanmau
Hi Team,

We have checked your given answer, but it cann't work. Here NSString *nuri = [m_annot getURI]; is giving nil value. Please refer another solution.

Thanks,
Santosh

App Reader- All Hyperlinks are not working (SDK version iospdfviewer3.8.7) 5 years 1 month ago #14319

• emanuele
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 67
Dear Santosh,

we double checked both Obj-C and Swift demo project and I confirm that the pdf is correct and we are able to open all hyperlinks (as you also confirm):
Obj-C: www.radaeepdf.com/download/file/119-radaeepdf-3-8-7
Swift: www.radaeepdf.com/download/file/78-radaeepdfswift-1-0-8
I suggest to take a look at this Knowledge Base article that shows how to integrate the Swift module into a new project: www.radaeepdf.com/support/knowledge-base?view=kb&kbartid=142

As your issue seems to be related on your project integration, you could share it (on private ticket area) and, if it's a small issue, we could try to fix it for you.

• Page: