Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about iOS development and PDF
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Adding annotation - Reg. 6 years 3 months ago #13287

• arathi
  • arathi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have added highlight annotation or ink annotation in the PDF. Now I need to add a text annotation in the area, where the highlight or ink annotation has been already present. But if I'm trying to add text or any other annotation , touching in the area covered by highlight or ink annotation always frames a rectangle over that area and enters into move mode. So that I couldn't add any other or same type annotation in an already annotated area. So Is there any way to add annotation over another annotation?

Thanks in Advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Adding annotation - Reg. 6 years 3 months ago #13288

• federico
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi,
what version of the library are you using? Can you reproduce the issue with the latest one?
We have tried with the last RDPDFReader demo version (3.8.3) and previous and we can add annotation in areas where there are already present annotations, this is the default behavior.
If you tap on areas where there are some annotations like highlight or underline or strike out, the rectangle for moving appears by default.
To add a text annotation in the same area where there is an highlight annotation, like in your case, you just have to do a long press, select text and then at the end of long press, when popup menu appears, just tap on "TA" and you will add a text annot.
Hope it helps.

Adding annotation - Reg. 6 years 3 months ago #13289

• arathi
  • arathi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I'm using 3.8.2 version.
1) I'm adding an highlight annotation and then I'm selecting the text and adding a text Annotation.
Now I need to delete the text annotation, but it always selects the highlight annotation.
2)The next case is I'm adding highlight annotation and over that I'm adding an ink annotation, but within the area occupied by the highlight annotation.
Now I need to select ink annotation, but it selects the highlight annotation always.
I have attached the screenshot of, how I had added annotations in my PDF.
Then, How to disable move for annotations?
Attachments:

Last edit: by arathi.

Adding annotation - Reg. 6 years 3 months ago #13292

• federico
Hi,
I've done some tests and I always delete successfully the text annotation above highlight text. With the last version of library if I tap on text annot it doesn't select the highlight annotation.
If you want to lock a specific type of annotation you could use setLocked(BOOL) method:
[anyAnnot setLocked:YES];
About the area occupied by highlight annotation that does not let you select ink annotation in the same area I need some time so I can give you an exhaustive answer.

Adding annotation - Reg. 6 years 3 months ago #13297

• federico
In conclusion, on touch event calls
PDF_ANNOT Page_getAnnotFromPoint(PDF_PAGE page, float x, float y);
to get the annotation using touch coordinates and this is the default behaviour.

You can get all annotations with touch point inside annot_Rect and decide which annot take using annotations' index;
In your case you could get the last added annotation using:
Page_getAnnot(page, Page_getAnnotCount() - 1);
I reccomend you to take a look in PDFIOS.h to better understand all these methods.

Last edit: by federico.
  • Page: