Signin/Signup with: 
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Development and suggestions about third part tool integration.
Cordova, Xamarin, Basic4Android topics are listed here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

cannot build static library for xamarin.ios 3 years 5 months ago #15315

• gongtom
  • gongtom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

I already mentioned this in another topic, but this is a complete separated new case, so I decided to open a new topic for this to avoid confusion.
When I try to build the static library with the makefile provided in the xamarin module from GitHub I get the following error on the last command of the makefile:
xcrun -sdk iphoneos lipo -create -output libRDPDFLibSDK.a libRDPDFLib-i386.a libRDPDFLib-armv7.a libRDPDFLib-arm64.a
fatal error: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/lipo: libRDPDFLib-i386.a and libRDPDFLib-arm64.a have the same architectures (arm64) and can't be in the same fat output file
I am trying this on the newest xamarin module and the with the newest Layer "PDFViewLayout-CALayer-3.74". I also tried 3.73. But I always get the error above.

As I need to make some changes to the code for my customers building the library myself ist essential and I hope this can be soved.

Thanks for any help!
Thomas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cannot build static library for xamarin.ios 3 years 5 months ago #15316

• federico
  • Thank you received: 18
Dear Thomas,
We've just uploaded a new Radaee iOS beta that include the new lib without unused invokings.
Now it should work for you.
You can find it here
The following user(s) said Thank You: gongtom

Last edit: by federico.

cannot build static library for xamarin.ios 3 years 5 months ago #15320

• gongtom
  • gongtom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

thanks for all the help. The undefined symbols problem is gone now.
And I also managed to build the static library with the makefile provided, but I had to make one chance in the Build Settings of the PDFViewer.xcodeproj. You have to exclude arm64 as an architecture in Release mode. Otherwise there will be a conflict in the last step of the make.
I have attached a screenshot with the changes I mage. Maybe it will help some else in future.

Regards
Thomas
Attachments:

• Page: