Starting from September the 1st we will apply strict SSL security level on the whole website.
As per our knowledge it could bring to some compatibility issues with very old browsers and operating systems.
I upgraded from the 2.x viewer to the then-current 3.15 viewer a couple months ago. Since then, users have reported crashes after opening a document and while viewing it, not interacting with it in any way. It's happening on a variety of devices and OS versions. For example, I have this crash log from a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Android 7.1.1.:
at com.radaee.pdf.Page.close (Page.java)
at com.radaee.pdf.Page.Close (Page.java:1661)
at com.radaee.pdf.Page.finalize (Page.java:2693)
at java.lang.Daemons$FinalizerDaemon.doFinalize (Daemons.java:222)
at java.lang.Daemons$FinalizerDaemon.run (Daemons.java:209)
at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java:762)
With this example, the PDF file is not particularly complex and is only 84 kb in size. I can send it privately, but am not authorized to post it here publicly.
I can update to the latest 3.15.2, but I don't see anything in the release notes that mentions this problem specifically. Has this problem been addressed? Or do you need any other info to address it? (The problem doesn't occur on my devices.)
What files do you think I missed? I see the same crash report coming from other devices, but they're all Samsung tablets with Android 6 or 7. This document and other documents display fine on my devices (I don't have a Samsung tablet).
Does this stacktrace relate to anything you've fixed since the version 3.15 I have in my app now? I could blindly update it, but it would take time to wait for your current beta version to become final, more time to merge my customizations into your new version, more time to wait for my next release cycle, and more time to follow up with users to see if the problem was fixed. I hoped it would be faster for you to compare your recent code changes to this particular crash and tell me if you have made any changes that would fix it.
From 3.15 till now, we didn't address a TimeoutException issue. The only similar issue that was fixed in version 3.15.2 (a freeze issue when calling objsStart() on a specific file) but it was related to a customer's file independent of the device and OS (the fix was done in the native libs).
We have tested your file using the demo project on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.1.1, and a couple of other devices (including other Samsung devices), and the issue cannot be reprodcued.