Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about Android development and PDF

TOPIC:

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 9 months ago #13964

• arlomedia
  • arlomedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I upgraded from the 2.x viewer to the then-current 3.15 viewer a couple months ago. Since then, users have reported crashes after opening a document and while viewing it, not interacting with it in any way. It's happening on a variety of devices and OS versions. For example, I have this crash log from a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Android 7.1.1.:

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException:
at com.radaee.pdf.Page.close (Page.java)
at com.radaee.pdf.Page.Close (Page.java:1661)
at com.radaee.pdf.Page.finalize (Page.java:2693)
at java.lang.Daemons$FinalizerDaemon.doFinalize (Daemons.java:222)
at java.lang.Daemons$FinalizerDaemon.run (Daemons.java:209)
at java.lang.Thread.run (Thread.java:762)

With this example, the PDF file is not particularly complex and is only 84 kb in size. I can send it privately, but am not authorized to post it here publicly.

I can update to the latest 3.15.2, but I don't see anything in the release notes that mentions this problem specifically. Has this problem been addressed? Or do you need any other info to address it? (The problem doesn't occur on my devices.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by arlomedia.

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 9 months ago #13966

• Davide
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 65
Hi,
you can open a ticket here : www.radaeepdf.com/support/tickets and send us the pdf privately.
Please specify the devices and the operations to do to reproduce the crash.
We will check it.

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 9 months ago #13981

• arlomedia
Ticket submitted -- thanks.

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 9 months ago #13982

• nermeen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 87
We've tested your pdf with the latest beta version , and we coudn't reproduce the crash.

We have tested on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.1.1, and a couple of other devices.

It seems that while upgrading you missed some files, as from 2.x to current release a huge change has been done.

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 9 months ago #13984

• arlomedia
What files do you think I missed? I see the same crash report coming from other devices, but they're all Samsung tablets with Android 6 or 7. This document and other documents display fine on my devices (I don't have a Samsung tablet).

Does this stacktrace relate to anything you've fixed since the version 3.15 I have in my app now? I could blindly update it, but it would take time to wait for your current beta version to become final, more time to merge my customizations into your new version, more time to wait for my next release cycle, and more time to follow up with users to see if the problem was fixed. I hoped it would be faster for you to compare your recent code changes to this particular crash and tell me if you have made any changes that would fix it.

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 9 months ago #13985

• nermeen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 87
From 3.15 till now, we didn't address a TimeoutException issue. The only similar issue that was fixed in version 3.15.2 (a freeze issue when calling objsStart() on a specific file) but it was related to a customer's file independent of the device and OS (the fix was done in the native libs).

We have tested your file using the demo project on Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.1.1, and a couple of other devices (including other Samsung devices), and the issue cannot be reprodcued.