Questions about Android development and PDF
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Read-only issue 7 years 6 months ago #11328

• miles.
  • miles.'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey,

I am opening PDF using stream OpenMem and for some reason making annotations is disabled (annotations button has grey background)
I am using demo license.

So how to make file read-only and writable? Maybe I am accidentally setting read-only option somewhere.

I am looking at demo project and can't really see why pdfs opened from navigation screen are writable, but pager, asset, sd card are not.

Update: Seems if im loading directly PDF from disk, then it seems all is good with annotations. My question is this then: are you able to edit if you open it from memory stream after purchasing license?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by miles..

Read-only issue 7 years 6 months ago #11329

• Davide
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 65
Hi,
OpenMem and OpenAsset are read only.
I suggest you to look at PDFMemStream class that handles writable stream (demo project doesn't implement this class).

I suggest you to look at PDFViewAct to better understand how the library works, here you will find some open methods usage.
- pager has a different implementation (PDFPagerAct)
- sdcard is writable, in the demo project the "Open From sdcard" button is searching for that pdf : "/sdcard/test.pdf" (you can edit it in MainActivity class)

The demo project has all the features available with the purchased one, so you can test and check all you want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: