Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about Android development and PDF
  • Page:

TOPIC:

build fails with missing jar file 7 years 11 months ago #10591

• arlomedia
  • arlomedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I just updated Android Studio (Mac) from version 2.0 to 2.1.1 and the latest build tools (23.0.3) and Gradle (2.10). Now when I try building my project, it fails with this error in the Gradle console:
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/arlo/projects/myproject/android/MyApp/app/libs/com.radaee.pdfex_view.jar (No such file or directory)

I purchased a source code license for RadaeePDF, so I have the source Java files for pdfex and the rest in my project, but I never had a Radaee jar file in my project. This always worked fine until something changed in Android Studio or Gradle. Do I need to add these jar files, and if so, where can I get them? Or do I need to change something in my project settings to make it work like it did before?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

build fails with missing jar file 7 years 11 months ago #10592

• arlomedia
  • arlomedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I just found that my build configuration file included
compile files('libs/com.radaee.pdfex_view.jar')

even though I never had that jar file in my project. I removed that line and now my app builds again. Something must have changed that makes those dependencies required now. Is there a benefit to adding this jar file to my project versus continuing to work without it as I have been doing?

build fails with missing jar file 7 years 11 months ago #10594

• Davide
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 65
Hi,
this old jar file contains the source code, so if you have the source code you have to delete this jar file.

I suggest you to update your old library to the latest version, there are a lot of improvements and new implementations..

• Page: