Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about Android development and PDF
  • Page:

TOPIC:

vGetMinScale and vGetMaxScale too small 9 years 3 months ago #8309

• Arbona
  • Arbona's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
We have developed an App that shows PDF files in single page mode. Until now all PDF pages scaled to fit the available space.

But now, our customer is opening some new pdfs and some of them open as zoomed out, they are too small and they not fit the available space, and if you zoom in you can only zoom a little bit.

I have tried these PDFs in your demo App "PDFReader" and they behave in the same way as in our App.

I have been looking vGetMinScale and vGetMaxScale properties to compare the PDFs shown correctly and the buggy ones, and I have seen that the correct PDFs have vGetMinScale = 1.5 / vGetMaxScale = 7 and the buggy ones have vGetMinScale = 0.5 / vGetMaxScale = 2.8.

I have been trying to inspect all these PDFs with a Adobe Acrobat to see if there is a parameter in any place that forces these limits, but I haven't found anything.

How can I avoid this buggy behavior?
Is there any property or method in the SDK where I can change this vGetMinScale / vGetMaxScale properties manually?
Is there any parameter in the PDFs that can cause this behavior? Can I change them with Acrobat?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

vGetMinScale and vGetMaxScale too small 8 years 11 months ago #8806

• Nicksteal
Was there an answer to this question?
Because I have the same problem, getting 3.00 as maxScale and 1.5 as maxScale in landscape mode, which is way too small for my use case.

vGetMinScale and vGetMaxScale too small 8 years 11 months ago #8808

• Arbona
  • Arbona's Avatar Topic Author
We discover that the vGetMinScale and vGetMaxScale too small were caused by having pages with different sizes.
Having a single page in your PDF with bigger dimensions will decrease your scale factors in all other pages.
We have not found any workaround to this behavior, the only solution is to take out these different pages to another PDF, or to fit them to the same resolution as other pages.
I hope my experience can help you.

vGetMinScale and vGetMaxScale too small 8 years 11 months ago #8826

• support
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 59
Arbona, you're right.
PDF scaling is evaluated doing a page scan during file opening.
That's to optimize performances and memory consumption.
May you open a ticket in support area?
Address it to "bug submission" team and attach, if you can, your PDF file: we will address you to get a solution.
If you're owner of a license, please send us the license type: we will know which API can use.

• Page: