Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about Android development and PDF
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Document.CanSave and PDFReader.PDFCanSave fail 9 years 3 months ago #8272

• nwixsom
  • nwixsom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I've incorporated the sample PDFReaderAct code into my custom app to validate a customers proof of concept request but I can't seem to get the pdf file to be writeable. I'm using Document.Open passing the file path to the pdf file which is successful. I'm able to load the pdf file and everything looks fine. Calling m_doc.CanSave() returns false. I created the pdf file so have access to read/write to it. I'm using the eval license and have seen others in the forum with issues. One of the responses from the moderator was:
"standard license and no actived project can't save PDF file."
Not sure what that means (and could the moderator please elaborate just a little more than such a terse response)? Does that mean you can't open a writable PDF file using the eval version? Or is there somethign you need to do in order to make that work. What is an 'actived project'? It would help several of us if someone could give a clear and lucid answer. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Document.CanSave and PDFReader.PDFCanSave fail 9 years 3 months ago #8274

• nermeen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 87
As mentioned in the Javadocs, the method should be used only with a valid license

/**
* check if document can be modified or saved.<br/>
* this always return false, if no license actived.
* @return true or false.
*/
public boolean CanSave()
{
return canSave( hand_val );
}

So for testing purposes, you can either use the demo project (which is activated with premium license) or give your project "com.radaee.reader" as package name. (Eclipse:Right click you project -> Android Tools -> Rename Application package)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: