Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Few questions to evaluate the RadaeePDF library 3 years 9 months ago #15158

• lucsev
  • lucsev's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

This post is a follow-up from a first reply I got from Fausto Piccinini.
As all posts are in english I'm going to write in that language but the answer can be in Italian if who replies prefers so...

1) Is the license tied to the iOS app Bundle ID? If is not to what is attached?

2) Is $1219 (eventually plus VAT) the price for the premium license to develop and ship one single IOS application through the App Store, no string attached, regardless the number of downloads/installations ?

3) Are following updates to that app (i.e. using the same Bundle ID) included in the license?

4) Are you going to support Catalyst apps (iOS apps built to run on macOS with no or very little changes) in a near future?

5) Does the premium version includes all functionalities and options of the other less expensive versions?

6) What version of the license is used in the example iOS app provided by you, PDFReader ? Does the version support linearization?

7) For the evaluation is it possible to download the premium library so we can test the downloading of linearized PDF documents?

8) As you support PDF linearization through http streaming, do you confirm that a linearized PDF can be browsed, for the part that have been already streamed/downloaded ?

8) In case of bugs (something not working as expected from the documentation) discovered in the library are they usually fixed in a reasonable amount of time and/or you help the developer to circumvent them?

Thank you!
Best regards,

Luca Severini

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Few questions to evaluate the RadaeePDF library 3 years 9 months ago #15159

• emanuele
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 67
Dear Luca,

here some clarifications about your questions:
1 - Activations keys are strictly related to bundle-id on iOS.
2 - The use of the SDK and its license has no time limit, and it is independent of the number of user downloads.
3 - The App updates are included in the license.
4 - Mac Catalyst support has not yet been tested.
5 - Yes, the premium license includes all the features of standard and professional licenses.
6 - The demo project uses premium license and it support linearized pdf file with the PDFHttpStream class.
7 - You could download the demo project with demo premium license here: www.radaeepdf.com/download/file/178-radaeepdf-tiled-3-70
8 - Yes, if the pdf is linearized, you don't need to download the whole file to start browsing it.
9 - In case of bugs we give support via forum or ticket area to help the developer solve it as soon as possible also sending the fix as preview.

Few questions to evaluate the RadaeePDF library 3 years 9 months ago #15160

• lucsev
Hi Emanuele,

Thank you for the quick reply!

So I'm going to test that linearized PDF works correctly with our backend.

Just one thing I need to understand better.
Regarding Catalyst, you say you haven't tested it yet, that sounds like you are working on it but is not ready yet...
We don't need it now but we are pretty sure our customer will ask for it later on.
I know this is not going to be an official answer, but do you think you will add support for Catalyst in the coming months?

Best regards,

Luca Severini

Few questions to evaluate the RadaeePDF library 3 years 8 months ago #15176

• federico
  • Thank you received: 18
Dear Luca,
If you want to keep updated about Mac Catalyst development and support please open a support ticket

Last edit: by federico.

Few questions to evaluate the RadaeePDF library 3 years 8 months ago #15177

• lucsev
Hi Emanuele,

I didn't buy a license yet so I didn't open a ticket.
Aside the support for Catalyst apps, which is important but not crucial, there is another important issue I found and reported to mr. Piccinini.
In few words the iOS example doesn't work and, once I have fixed it, a linearized PDF is loaded the same as if it wasn't linearized.
In other words the linearized PDF is not loaded correctly as it should and it take the same amount of time like if it wasn't linearized (optimized).
I have attached the code I changed in the example to make it working.
Any other question, let me know.

Luca Severini
Attachments:

Few questions to evaluate the RadaeePDF library 3 years 8 months ago #15178

• radaee
  • Thank you received: 73
sorry, about linearized PDF file, we load gray part in following figure:

we load page objects in this way, has 2 reason:
1. linearized header not always has correct data, we check all these page object to make sure all pages location are correct.
2. we need all pages size to layout in opening time.
if PDF file exists linearized header, we locate page object location by linearized header.
if not, we load page object in cross reference table.
if PDF file has lots images or other big objects, we load page object only, that load small part of PDF file.
image object or other big object will be loaded in rendering time.

unluckily, we not supply method to load first page only. although, this is useful to rendering thumbnail of first page.
to load first page only, we may need coding a special method for Document object, and must not be used in our layout view.
Attachments: