Questions about Android development and PDF
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Indépendant page rendering 8 years 11 months ago #8859

• joseNetdevices
  • joseNetdevices's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks you.

I looked at the demo, It's what we wanted to achieve. But our application is base on Cordova which uses an Android "Activity".
The demo uses Android Fragments which require FragmentActivity.
It seem to be difficult to force Cordova to use a FragmentActivity as it's not intended to.
Do you know if it's possible to do the same demo using Android Views instead of Fragments ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Indépendant page rendering 8 years 10 months ago #9021

• joseNetdevices
  • joseNetdevices's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks again for the demo.

Here are some feedbacks.
- I've already post and my co-worker opened a ticket about a bug about the touch events handling. The demo uses a ViewPager to navigate through pages and it consumes all swipe/fling events causing the content to be cropped when the pages are zoomed.
- We also notice that each page display is an instance of the PDFView, that is the whole PDF reader. i.e. if we disable the ViewPager event management, we can change page inside the fragment representing a single page. I wonder if this won't be an issue for memory management. Would it be more memory efficient to use a PDFVPage per fragment and manage the PDF document at an higher level (Subclass of the ViewPager? I understand that's the approach used in the demo of the 3.5beata7)

Hope this will help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by joseNetdevices.
  • Page: