Questions about iOS development and PDF
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Native linking failed - Xamarin iOS 3 years 1 month ago #15442

• EmmanuelJego
  • EmmanuelJego's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello!

I am currently working on a Xamarin iOS project, using RadaeePdf. We have been using this viewer for several years, and we wanted to give it an update.
So I downloaded the latest version of the Objective-C project, made some modifications to the code to match our needs, and then generated the .a file.
In our C# binding project, I updated the .a file, and updated our ObjcBindingApiDefinition file (ApiDefinition.cs) to match the new API. So far so good, everything builds.
Finally, we have our Xamarin iOS project, in which we reference the dll file resulting from the C# binding project build.
The problem is that when I try to build the Xamarin iOS project, the native linking "Objective-C to C#" runs, and fail for some classes : we have some "MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class..." and "MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined symbol..." errors (for MenuSearch, UILElement, RDTreeViewController, etc., see the attached screenshot).

Initially, these "problematic" classes weren't in the ApiDefinition.cs file, so I tried to add them, but it does not seem to solve the issue. I also tried to generate the full ApiDefinition file using the Objective Sharpie tool, and take these classes from it to put them into my own ApiDefinition, but some of them are still missing, and as I said it didn't help solving my problem.

Do you have any idea about what the problem could be? Or how I could fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
Emmanuel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Native linking failed - Xamarin iOS 3 years 1 month ago #15443

• federico
  • Thank you received: 18
Dear Emmanuel,
Our developers will take charge of that.
We've also seen your ticket request, we'll reply at it and as soon as we've found a solution about your issue we'll post it here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: