Signin/Signup with: 
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Development and suggestions about third part tool integration.
Cordova, Xamarin, Basic4Android topics are listed here.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Localization for Xamarin.iOS 5 years 6 months ago #14164

• gongtom
  • gongtom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

did anyone manage to localize the RadaeeLib in Xamarin iOS? There are already some NSLocalizedString statements, but no Localizable.string files. I tried to add them myself, but without success. They don't seem to be found and only the englisch default values are used. I never used localization in such a library, but I tried for at least 5 hours now and nothing I read on the internet worked.
But be great if someone knows how to do it, because my customer needs different languages and I don't really want to write a localization myself, when there is such a (normally) easy to use tool from apple.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion,
Thomas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Localization for Xamarin.iOS 5 years 6 months ago #14171

• emanuele
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 67
Hi,

we just updated the Xamarin module and added localizations file (english and italian).
If you want to change some strings, you have to edit Localizable.strings in the correct folder: en.lproj for english and it.lproj for italian.
If you want to add a different language, you should add it (folder and Localizable.strings file) in Resource folder.
For example, if you want to add spanish localization, you will add es.lproj folder with Localizable.strings file that contains strings in spanish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: