Signin/Signup with: 
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about Android development and PDF
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Showing search results as the user scrolls through pages 4 years 7 months ago #14578

• sswathi
  • sswathi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Is there any direct method for showing highlighted search text as you scroll through the document? I am able to display search results in 1 page using PDFFindStart() and PDFFind(), but if I scroll down, the search results are NOT highlighted in the next page (see image attached -- "text" is highlighted in first page but not second one). I would like to load search results as the user scrolls to the next pages.

Would this only be possible to highlight search results through entire document? I saw this article , but I dont want to search entire document programatically and manually highlight them myself... I just want to extend existing feature to other pages.

MAIN WANT: highlight search results in full document (not just that page)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sswathi.

Showing search results as the user scrolls through pages 4 years 7 months ago #14588

• nermeen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 87
You can achieve this behavior by keeping track of the search status(if it's active or not) and the word to search, then in PDFViewAct.OnPDFPageChanged add something like:
public void OnPDFPageChanged(int pageno) {
        if(m_controller.getFindQuery() != null) {
            m_view.PDFFindStart(m_controller.getFindQuery(), false, false);
            m_view.PDFFind(1);
        }
    }
The following user(s) said Thank You: sswathi

Showing search results as the user scrolls through pages 4 years 6 months ago #14654

• sswathi
  • sswathi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you. However, that leads to every first search item being blue/highlighted in every page. Would I need to modify VFinder.find_draw in order to preserve selected search item in a specific page as blue, while showing other matches even in other pages as gray?

Showing search results as the user scrolls through pages 4 years 6 months ago #14657

• nermeen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 87
Yes, this is the default behavior, to change it you need to keep track of this specific page and modify
VFinder.find_draw
accordingly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sswathi

• Page: