Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about Android development and PDF

TOPIC:

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 10 months ago #14002

• arlomedia
  • arlomedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I just downloaded the Radaee PDF Reader app (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=radaee.pdf) and this user's document displays fine there on my device. But I asked the user to install that app and the document only displays as a blank white screen. Does this indicate a problem in the viewer that occurs on some but not all devices?

Does the Radaee PDF Reader app use the latest production version of the viewer library?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 9 months ago #14006

• nermeen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 87

Does this indicate a problem in the viewer that occurs on some but not all devices?

It can be, but we've already tested the document sent to us with a device similar to the client's (unless it's a different device) and the document is rendered correctly.

Does the Radaee PDF Reader app use the latest production version of the viewer library?

It was updated yesterday, but as a reference we always refer to the demo project downloadable from www.radaeepdf.com/download

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 9 months ago #14010

• arlomedia
Okay, this user says the crash happens not every time but maybe 20% of the time. It has happened with the document I sent you, and with other documents. She says the crash happens "at random times on random documents." What else can we do to troubleshoot this? Given the stack trace, can you do anything in your code to stop this crash even if you can't reproduce it?

It looks bad for me because I have multiple users who are reporting new problems (this crash, plus some rendering issues that I'm still investigating) that began when I updated the Radaee library in my app.

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 9 months ago #14013

• nermeen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You can try to send the stack trace and we will check if it can helps.

But it's very hard to fix an issue that we cannot reproduce.

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 9 months ago #14027

• arlomedia
I included the stack trace in my first message of this thread. I understand it's hard to fix a problem you can't reproduce, but I face that situation frequently and I can often solve it when the stack trace shows the line number where the crash occurs, as it does here.

TimeoutException with Page.close 5 years 9 months ago #14030

• nermeen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Unfortunately the stack trace you are sharing alone is not indicating a helpful information. We cannot introduce a modification on an important function like Page.Close that will affect all the users without having a concrete issue. plus we didn't receive any other similar issues.