Signin/Signup with: 
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about Android development and PDF
  • Page:

TOPIC:

jumping to top when scrolling through multi-page document 6 years 6 days ago #13739

• arlomedia
  • arlomedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
When I load a multi-page (e.g., 10 pages) document in the PDF viewer, and scroll it up and down by dragging with my finger, the document display often jumps briefly up to the first page, then back to where it should be. I can continue scrolling through the document, but the flashing back and forth between the first page and the current page is distracting. This is erratic but happens about 3 times for every 10 scroll movements.

The problem occurs in my app when loading a PDF file from the sdcard, and also when viewing PDF data generated on the fly. It also happens in the RDPDFReader sample app when viewing the "test.PDF" file included in the project assets. Both projects are using the library version 3.15 that I downloaded last week.

The problem occurs on my Google Pixel C tablet running Android 8.0.0, but does NOT occur on my Google Nexus 10 tablet running Android 5.1.1.

Can you reproduce this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by arlomedia.

jumping to top when scrolling through multi-page document 6 years 6 days ago #13740

• arlomedia
  • arlomedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I just updated my Pixel C to Android 8.1.0 and the problem has stopped.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: