Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cannot activate licence for WP 8.1 Silverlight app 8 years 5 months ago #9763

• Gracanin
  • Gracanin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
We have bought a standard licence of your PDF reader for my Windows Phone Silverlight 8.1 application.

The project is a bit older, it is a WP Silverlight 8.1 app in which I have imported RDPDFLib project for Windows Phone 8.0.

I have followed all the instructions to get the licence activation key. Unfortunately, I cannot activate the licence. I assume that there are a couple of things which can cause the problem; please, help me to solve the problem and thus prevent us of making a refund.

1) After I had completed the transaction and was going through the process of getting myself the licence activation key, in one step I had to choose the appropriate platform. In the lack of "WP Silverlight 8.1" option I had to check WinRT/8. I was hoping it was related to RDPDFLib type of project (because it says WP 8.0 in VS) that I am using in my WP Silverlight 8.1 project. Could something be wrong here?

2) In your UI I entered project id (Package name) without "{ }" brackets so I see it as 65b13bac-7235-464d-a1dc-099d11cea5d6 value and not as {65b13bac-7235-464d-a1dc-099d11cea5d6} as it is written in Visual Studio. Could that cause the problem?
3) When trying to active the licence, I only make a call of PDFGlobal.Activate( <type>, <company name>, <email>, <key> ) method with 0 for a type, the same company name and email that I entered in the process of getting the key which was used as the last parameter of the method. This method always returns false.. Am I doing somethign wrong here or am I missing some step when trying to activate the licence?

Oh, and the last question: Will I be able to change the company name in my project's manifest files in the future? Currently it is the same as the one specified when buying the licence...

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cannot activate licence for WP 8.1 Silverlight app 8 years 5 months ago #9764

• support
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 59
While generating the key you should enter guid with brackets (ie. {65b13bac-7235-464d-a1dc-099d11cea5d6}).
I'm removing your wrongly generated key.
If you will need more support about license I invite you to put a question on our trouble ticket area, may be reference this forum thread in the ticket text.

Cannot activate licence for WP 8.1 Silverlight app 8 years 5 months ago #9765

• Gracanin
Thank you for the quick response. I will use tickets then... Just one more question, to summon the things up:

Will you please just add the brackets in your database? If that was the only thing that caused the problem it should work then, right..?

Last edit: by Gracanin.

Cannot activate licence for WP 8.1 Silverlight app 8 years 5 months ago #9766

• support
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 59
The key should be regenerated.
The wrong key has been removed, let's enter in your control panel and generate it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gracanin

Cannot activate licence for WP 8.1 Silverlight app 8 years 5 months ago #9767

• Gracanin
Thank you very much! I requested the new key and everything works fine now!

• Page: