Signin/Signup with: 
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here you should submit your bug reports with logcat.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

PDF Viewer Crashes 11 years 2 months ago #1473

• dyost
  • dyost's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I am trying to open a report in the PDF viewer that opens in Adobe Reader on the Android device and on my desktop without any issues, however, the PDF viewer library crashes every time we open this report. I have attached a copy of the PDF that we're trying to open.

This report has 3 images on it, the logo at the top of the report and the signatures at the bottom of the report are each their own image. When we generate a report with just the logo at the top of the report it shows in the PDF viewer without any issues. When we generate a report with either of the signature at the bottom of the report the PDF viewer will crash when opening.

Would love it if someone had any insight for me that I might be missing here, or if this is a bug that needs resolved in the PDF viewer library perhaps we can get their devs to look at it?

We've had this issue on an old first generation nexus and the new nexus 4.

Thanks,
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

PDF Viewer Crashes 11 years 2 months ago #1474

• radaee
  • Thank you received: 73
may you send me PDF to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PDF Viewer Crashes 11 years 2 months ago #1478

• dyost
I sent you an email with the PDF I was referencing. Please let me know if you need anything else from me to help out.

PDF Viewer Crashes 11 years 2 months ago #1483

• radaee
  • Thank you received: 73
i tested that PDF on some devices, and not crashed
did you invoke Globalo.Init() when APP start?
and did you place "libs" subdir to you APP?

PDF Viewer Crashes 11 years 2 months ago #1487

• dyost
I double checked the items you mentioned and we do have the "libs" folder as a subdir to our app with your jar library in it and we are calling the Global.init() method. We have that Global.init() statement in our "onCreate" method for the Activity that we're using to show the PDFs but I moved it to the beginning of our app to test it and we still saw the same thing.

Did you test it on either of the devices I mentioned that were specifically having issues (Nexus or Nexus 4)? We've not had this issue on every device, some of them were working without any issues. Also, the issue doesn't come up until we have a report with the signature images at the bottom of the page. When we open a report without signatures there's no issues.

PDF Viewer Crashes 11 years 1 month ago #1554

• dyost
Hey I haven't heard anything back in response to my last post so I just wanted to follow up to see if there's anything else you guys can do to help us troubleshoot this issue? We also have the same issue when opening the sample PDF that I sent you in your demo application so it's not just our app it seems. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Page: