Username: Password: Remember me
Questions about Android development and PDF
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ImportPage and get results in memory 6 years 1 week ago #13710

• arlomedia
  • arlomedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm working on updating to the latest version of the library, but that is turning into a significantly time consuming side project.

Meanwhile, I wonder if the problem in testing the import function is a problem with file read/write permissions. I changed my applicationId in the build.gradle file to com.radaee.reader to activate the demo premium license, as described here:

www.radaeepdf.com/support/knowledge-base?view=kb&kbartid=4

Does that mean the permissions added in AndroidManifest no longer apply, because the manifest tag still uses my real app package name? Unfortunately, if I try changing the package name there, a thousand other things break and prevent the app from building.

I'll keep working on upgrading the app version, but if this is the problem, that won't help and the most practical way to test the import function would be to go ahead and buy the premium license. It's getting to the point where the time I'm spending trying to test this one function is costing more than the license.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ImportPage and get results in memory 6 years 6 days ago #13716

• Davide
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 65
Hi,
to test the premium features you can use the demo project that is activated with that type of license by default, you can also follow this article , change the applicationId to "com.radaee.reader" and test the features in you own project.

Regarding the ImportPage make sure to use a pdf that is in a readable and writable location.

ImportPage and get results in memory 6 years 6 days ago #13718

• arlomedia
  • arlomedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Okay, I now have the latest library version installed and running. I've changed my project's applicationId to com.radaee.reader, and confirmed that the premium license is activated by checking "succeeded" in Global.java. Now it's working! I can combine the files in memory and get the data from the PDFMemStream as you said.

By the way, it looks like the file permissions aren't a problem when changing the applicationId. My app can still write files to the standard Documents directory as well as Radaee's "rdtmp" directory.

Whew. Updating the library version is not trivial when I've spent years building up a user interface around the PDF viewer, and it will take more time to get all that functionality updated for the new library. But adding this new document merge capability should make it worthwhile.

Thanks!

• Page: